Yoga means union or to join. Yoga is a philosophy, a way of living and a process that with dedication leads to the sequence of postures becoming a moving meditation; creating a beautiful harmony between the mind, body and emotions.
These seven week yoga sessions are beautiful flowing sequences specifically designed to aid this process regardless of how much or how little yoga you've already done.
'It's not how much you do, it's the way you do, what you can do'.
Feel the freedom of flow and grace in and between the postures, in an almost dance like manner, enjoy where your mind, body and emotions are in this moment, rather than being fixated on the perfect pose or the future.
Each week the yoga session will have a slightly different theme where we focus on specific postures, and specific parts of the yoga sequence, which open up different energy centres of the body.
After a mudra meditation and chosen pranayama (breathing) exercise, the class gets going with a meditative warm up flow and energising Sun Salutations. Transitioning gracefully through strong grounding standing postures and balances, down to seated postures. The class focuses on heart opening back bends, inversions and hip opening postures that helps work towards the invigorating….King Pigeon Pose. Ending traditionally with a nice rejuvenating silent Savasana (corpse pose) with extra massage adjustments to send you into a surrendering relaxation to close the class.
Transform in seven weeks, each session includes:
- Two mudra meditations.
- A breathing exercise.
- The two types of Sun Salutations.
- Key yoga postures great for building core strength and back strength that together gives you a great foundation for a happy and healthy yoga practice and the foundation of overall health and well-being.
- Mantra music to calm the mind.
- Savasana relaxation.
- Healthy benefits include: improved strength, flexibility, weight loss, management of pain, improved breathing, detoxification, improves posture and immunity, relieves stress, overall sense of rejuvenation, relaxation, inner stillness and harmony as well as helping towards better relationships.
- Great for bringing more creativity, freedom and flow into your everyday life.
Week 1 - Tues 6th Feb
Week 2 - Tues 13th Feb
Week 3 -Tues 20th Feb
Week 4 - Tues 27th Feb
Week 5 - Tues 6th Mar
Week 6 - Tues 13th Mar
Week 7 - Tues 20th Mar
Price: £49.00 up front (£7 per class), or £9 drop in.
Come along on your own or with friends. Afterwards there is the chance to ask any questions, get to know other members of the class and chat in the shabby chic LS6 café downstairs.